Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Bike To Work day

Today is Bike To Work day, and sadly, I didn't bike to work. But I did find some very useful resources for anyone who wants to try it. [BikeMetro] has some very cool route planning stuff, though when you turn on the "use public transportation" feature it starts to fall apart. If I biked to work (which I've been considering for a few weeks) I'd currently save about $9,000 a year. That's a lot of money. The problem for me is the route I'd have to take is 100% streets, and about 25% the worst streets in Los Angeles. I might have to get some lighter body armor, and a bike that can take more abuse than the racing bike to make it practical. At 30 miles, it's a bit long to use the Stumpjumper until I would get a commuting road bike.

Ug. And I hate driving every day. The sick thing is, it would take me less time on a bike.
As a side note, according to the GPS my Sunday ride hit over 50mph.... not bad!

5/20/2004 05:44:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh