Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Sidewinder Dual Strike on 10.3

While cleaning over the weekend I turned up one of my [Sidewinder Dual Strike] controllers. A long time ago the design had intrigued me - it had obvious potential as a 3D controller. When I had the opportunity I managed to get two of them for a closeout price.

Under MacOS 8.6 it showed up as a generic human interface device - as a mouse would. The center ball joint needs an actual driver, otherwise it tells the computer it's always turning (this is an oversimplification, but accurate anyway). Previous versions of MacOS X didn't recognize it - but 10.3 apparently has a driver built in and recognizes it.

It turns out that after a little getting used to, the Dual Strike is the ultimate [Wipeout 2097] controller! Very cool!

1/22/2004 10:33:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh