Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

In/Out

Email done right.



What does the Newton's Mail interface (with [SimpleMail] providing IMAP data) get right? It's very simple and functional. You can see your email arranged by date, select it, and read it. If you're using IMAP, you don't download the message body until you're reading that message, which is how IMAP is supposed to work anyway.

The very simple interface and functionality rarely feels limiting. The only thing that I would like is to be able to change the sort order of the inbox, ie reverse date sorting. If the Newton was my only means of using email I might think differently about it - the account I use with the Newton doesn't get any spam, it doesn't get a large volume of mail, etc. Maybe I'll set it up to be my primary email platform for a week and see what things I miss then!

1/06/2004 05:01:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh