Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Burning the night away

The fire dancing classes are progressing well. We're working on some new stuff, and this weekend we're going to be lighting up and getting comfortable with fire for the first time. Since I came into the class late, there are still a few foundation moves I either don't know or don't "get" yet, but some of the more advanced stuff has come easily to me. Some of the moves are harder for a guy to get - in some cases your hips are wider, which makes it harder, in others your joints have a natural tendancy to "lock" when a girl's might not (blame contact sports like lacrosse).

For those that are interested in exactly what kind of fire dancing I'm doing, everything you could ever want to know can be found [here]. Fire eating and staff are next on my list of things to learn.... maybe.

1/24/2004 03:27:00 AM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh