Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Monday, November 10, 2003

A better DIY HostAP?

[This] caught my eye while plodding along the Computer Geeks website looking for a dual processor PIII system to run BeOS on. Apparently the host OS on it is some form of Linux, though nothing more than that is clear - I haven't seen wether it supports HostAP, wether it will take a Prism card out of the box, etc. But for $200 what you get is a step above a Soekris board, so it may very well be worth it. From the look of it, it's just what I want to use for my AP at this point. I've seen things that say it uses [Red Hat], others that say it uses ["secured" linux]. In any case, for use as an AP it's most likely you're going to wipe it and install your own stuff anyway, so all you really need to know is the hardware specs.

11/10/2003 02:42:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh