Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Deductible

The other day, my boss John told me: "Dan, you've completely changed. You're helping people out, you're more than just on top of things, you're ahead of all of us, you're mentoring others, and you're just smiling again"

What did I say to that?
"Well, the major sources of stress in my life disappeared"

That's about all there is to say. There were things that were holding me back from what's really important, and they're not holding me back anymore. Work itself was a big one. A dying relationship was another.
It was just a different kind of giving up. One I can live with.

Why am I smiling? Things like hanging out with people I can really call true friends.

Hey, Jill. The thing you beat everyone else at... is being a friend. And that's a big deal.

10/04/2003 01:44:00 AM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh