Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Quality Hardware

Well yesterday my Xbox arrived from Overstock.com, but the games didn't arrive till today. I ran out to Blockbuster last night, and they, of course, didn't have any games worth playing anyway.
So imagine my glee when I look at the USPS tracking info for the games at work and see they have indeed arrived. When I got home, I opened up HALO, put it in, and got:
07 Your Xbox requires service.
Needless to say, I'm not happy. After a bit of research, I found that error code 07 is ["hard drive time out"]. So now I have to exchange it with Overstock or pay $75 for a new motherboard and hard drive from llamma.com. It doesn't help that Overstock requires all the original packing materials for an RMA, and I was lucky enough to retrieve them from the trash, though not before someone had used the boxes to get rid of some really skanky beer.

Yeah, I gave myself a birthday present and it was defective. Not happy.

5/07/2003 09:01:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh