Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Thursday, May 08, 2003

nublog.

So with this new redesign, I'm also sketching out what I want to do when I bring the blog from blogspot to my own server.
Being the weirdo I am, I'm not going to use MoveableType, etc.; I'm going to implement my own blog publishing system. Right now, after giving it much thought, I'm heavily inclined to host it on BeOS.
Scott Hacker's old BeOS Tip Server ran on beos, and was very much like a weblog itself. He managed to set it up using shell scripts to work with BeOS's database filesystem, which opens up a whole lot of cool possibilities. You can look at a rundown of how his TrackerBase worked [here].
What sucks about BeOS is the network performance. It's significantly better in the leaked Dano, but since I just came into posession of a dual processor 604 Mac, I need a PowerPC OS and I don't think that Dano included PPC code.

Of course, if you want to make me happy, you could always help out by providing:
[A dual processor PC]
[2 processors for it]
And then I can run Dano on a nice dual processor machine and provider really cool blog hosting and other things for Chelle and I.
Come on. You know you want to fork over $200 for that.

5/08/2003 05:00:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh