Change Displayed Text SizeGrow Displayed Text SizeShrink Displayed Text Size
 

Friday, April 25, 2003

"Who wants to see hot chicks in lingerie?"... not

So last night I went to the [Trashy Lingerie] party in Hollywood, once again at the Key Club. They had a model contest, did a musical/dance number thing with one of their models singing, and any girl in lingerie got in free. That part of it was, eh, so so. Nothing exciting, nothing to write home about. More than half the club was VIP only, and between that and the various people taking pictures there wasn't a lot of room in the place. 3 bands played, one whose name I didn't catch that did all Led Zepplin covers, Crash Radio, and Beautiful Creatures (a friend of a friend's band). Crash Radio was pretty good emo-ish stuff. Beautiful Creatures was an 80s-type big hair metal band, the keyboardist was a Guns N Roses refugee (Dizzy). Because of the lingerie show, BC didn't go on till after midnight, which had me yet again feeling old and tired.

While I was at the show, I wrote a good song in my head but completely forgot it by the time I got to the car. Oh well.

Before the show I had some time to kill, so I went by the Hustler store again. There was a signing going on with a bunch of girls from Jill Kelly Productions - Jenna Haze and some other people I didn't know. There was quite the crowd there. Thankfully the Cafe part of the store had Jones Green Apple soda, so the tension of spending all that time in traffic on Southern California's abysmal roads melted away pretty quickly. As I was sipping my soda I noticed the person managing the signing session was [someone] I had worked for a few years back, and left on ambiguous terms with- I don't know if a bridge was burned or what (long, odd story). According to a mutual friend it's no big deal, but I stayed out of sight while I was there. Yes, I'm a wimp.

Thankfully, I didn't get rear ended on the way out of Hollywood this time.

Unrelated: I might start a new martial arts/self defense course soon, which should be cool.


4/25/2003 05:01:00 PM ] [  0 comments  ]
[archives]
A good quick laugh